Wp Speech – Vocal Command for WordPress
Wp Speech WordPress plugin allows your website’s visitors to command it with voice…and it to reply with voice.
- Speak with your website
- Your site can speak to you and your visitors
- Command your site with voice
- 15+ Function already included
- On page configuration
- You can impress your users simulating Artificial Intelligence
- It’s up to you to make your blog such as the most famous mobile voice assistant
- Unlimited possibilities…the only thing you will not be able to say is “Jarvis make me a toast”
- Two documentations are included: first for base configuration, the latter specific for developer
Complete functions list
- Speech: make your blog speak
- Click on link: you can make clickable every link
- Search: execute a search in your website
- Scroll to: scroll down
- Scroll top: it scroll on the top of the page
- Notification bar: a notification on the top of the screen
- Display growl: another type of notification on the top right corner of the screen
- Popup: another type of notification
- What time is it?: an analogic clock appears
- Chuck Norris Fact: a funny fact about Chuck Norris appears in notification bar
- Game of Thrones Quotes: a random quote from GOT
- Random news: a random news from a range of 70+ sources
- Go to previous page: is like to click on the browser’s back button
- Go forward page: is like to click on the browser’s forward button
- Ask: “Do you love me?” and site can reply “I’m only a blog, I have no feelings” or “Yes, i love you”
- “Click on blog page” or “Click on homepage” or “Click on buy” or simply “Buy”
- “Search something” and it will search “something” in your website
- “Scroll down please” to scroll down
- Tell me Chuck Norris Fact
- “Download pdf” or “Download 64 bit version”
- “Tell me a joke” (a lot of inspiration can be found online for what to say)
Need new functions?
I’d like to implement new functions so if you need something, ask me it! I will add new functions that can be useful to the whole community. But remember that with a little effort is very simple for developers to add new functions.
Requirements and support
- https connection is mandatory. If your website doesn’t have a ssl certificate (https connection), a dialog will be prompted every time you load a page or after every vocal command (depending by browser and settings).
- Voice is converted into text using webkitSpeechRecognition so an active internet connection is mandatory.
- Plugin works properly only with Google Chrome due the fact it uses webkitSpeechRecognition. It has been tested also with lastest versions of Firefox, Opera, Safari and it works, but full working is guaranteed only with Google Chrome. On demo site you can find a test page that allows you to know if either speech synthesis and speech Recognition works on your browser.
- Sopported languages are: Russian, Japanese, Dutch, Dutch, Indonesian, Polish, Mandarin Chinese and Cantonese Chinese, english uk and english usa, Italian, Spanish, German, French, Hindi. At this time RTL is not supported. WpSpeech recognize WordPress language and use it.
- As said i’d like to add new function that can be useful to the whole community. I won’t add special needs functions, but i’ll glad to help you as i can to find resources you need for your particular needs.