WP LivePreview – Automatically refresh WordPress preview pages while editing
WP LivePreview saves time and keeps you sane.
Are you tired of frontend page builders that are far from “what you see is what you get” and you just can not be bothered to hit that preview button for the 1000th time within the last hour? Do you hate changing your preview window sizes to check for responsiveness over and over again?
Well, we do and this is what we came up with:
- Hit that preview button just once to open a preview window
- Every change you make in your backend editor will refresh your preview window
- If your page is slow or you just hate to see that preview page refresh to often, you can change the interval or set the plugin to only refresh by hotkey
- Open multiple preview windows by copy-pasting the url of your current preview window into new tabs or windows. All windows or tabs will be refreshed on changes
- Auto refresh: Automatically refresh preview windows when editing pages or posts. It’s like BrowserSync for WordPress pages.
- Hotkey refresh: Refresh preview windows like a pro by hitting a key combination
- Multiple windows: Open multiple preview windows by copy pasting the preview url into a new window. Every window will refresh on change. Test responsive designs easyly by scaling your windows to different sizes.
- When using “Classic Editor” Blocks in Gutenberg the preview will detect changes not while you are typing. As soon as you click outside the block changes will be detected. This is due to internal communications of the Gutenberg editor. You can, however use the hotkey to refresh the preview within the classic editor block.
- Hotkeys in web applications have a tendency to be very system or browser dependent. Not all key combinations will work for your setup, so you might have to try a few.
- WooCommerce: Editing product pages works as intended but there is no refresh when editing attributes or product specific data.
V 1.0.0 [25 May 2020] - Initial release