AS OF VERSION 1.3, WAVEPLAYER SUPPORTS EXTERNAL AUDIO FILES, GIVING YOU THE POSSIBILITY TO INSERT AN INSTANCE OF THE PLAYER FOR AUDIO FILES THAT YOU DON’T HOST IN YOUR OWN SERVER.
What is WavePlayer?
WavePlayer is a fully customizable, responsive HTML5 audio plugin for WordPress. Its interface is built around the waveform of the audio file that is playing back.
With WavePlayer you are free to host your own tracks, breaking the limitations imposed by most of the free music cloud services available on the market, but without renouncing to a cool, modern player that you can customize to best match the look of your website.
Here is a list of the main features:
- responsive interface, with a modern looking style
- HTML5 support
- compatible with WordPress Multisite installations
- four different sizes that automatically adapt to your page
- full integration with the WordPress Media Manager
- Visual Editor in WordPress Post Editor
- archival of peak files for an instantaneous access to the waveforms