Tessera – a privacy plugin for all post types
What is Tessera?
Very Simply – The one missing plugin for password protection post and pages within WordPress – Tessera.
What can it do?
Tessera is a privacy plugin built explicitly for WordPress that allows a user to add authentication / password protection in the form of a modal window to private posts. No longer will a user of your site have to click to a page entering their password to be authenticated. This plugin will provide all the security, convenience and design to your theme. As a site admin you will have control over the pop up window, the text, location, button copy every aspect.
Tessera also adds a panel to your post and pages that give you options on just who, what and where someone can access your content. A simple elegant solution to the often forgotten private post authentication pages.
- Password protect posts & pages
- Strip titles – Remove “Protected” and “Restricted” from titles
- Admin notification – Notify the admin that is indicated in the WordPress settings of access to the restricted page.
- Redirect after authentication – Redirect to a different URL after entering a correct password
- Custom submit buttons
- Global settings – set them once and not have to again
- Customize the text of the popup with formatting shortcuts such as Page name, Post name and date.
Note: if you do not click the button Ok after assigning a password and update the page / post the plugin will not work.