Functionality, that your readers will love!
The 1-click option for customizing the portions of your recipes and instantly recalculating the needed ingredients.
On increasing/decreasing of portions units are changing:
- portions text – from portion to portions
- from Single to Plural name of ingredients (eg. Chicken fillet gets Chicken fillets) and vice versa
- from ml to L – (ex. 1100ml gets 1.1L) and vice versa – from L to ml
- from g to kg and vice versa – from kg to g (eg. everything below 1L is displayed in g)
- from cup to cups and vice versa
- The width of both columns for ingredients and instructions is 50%. But if the content section, where they are displayed in your theme is less than or equal to <= 800px, their width changes to 100% – for better display
- supports Structured data markup to boost your SEO
- available in 6 Languages
See it in action in the preview image below Sample Preview in Theme: Recipe Calculator will make the life of your visitors much easier, when they want to cook less (or more) portions than the default, given in a recipe. For you it can be a very powerful tool for increasing the returning visitors on your website, because… well, no one likes calculating.
Wouldn’t you prefer coming back to a website, that provides you with 1-click option for customizing the portions of your favorite meal and instantly recalculating the ingredients for you? Without losing time in calculations, you can prepare dinner for the friends, you have invited over this weekend.
And, if your visitors are like me – such that can’t cook and have to follow very strict every recipe they want to prepare, otherwise the result is total disaster – they will love you for having this functionality on your website!
My intention, creating this plugin was to help you serve your visitors better – in a way that they will truly appreciate, and stay your loyal fans.
Recipe Calculator helps you deliver great experience to your users throughout all screens – mobile, tablet and desktop.
It lets the user change the amount of portions in 1 click and automatically recalculates the amount of ingredients needed for the preparation of a recipe.
When the user clicks or taps on an ingredient that they already have, it changes its opacity. This makes it easy to see the ingredients they have to add.
Structured data markup
If your WordPress theme uses Structured data markup for Recipes, Recipe Calculator comes ready with microdata markup for the following fields from Schema.org: recipeYield, recipeIngredient and recipeInstructions.
It also supports microformats2 h-recipe with the following class names: p-yield, p-ingredient and e-instructions.
Recipe Calculator is currently available in English, Dutch, Bulgarian, German, Spanish and Russian.