Let’s say I sell furniture. I have a single-page site (marketing page, landing page) and advertising campaign in Google AdWords. Each visitor sees the same title, such as “Furniture”. It will work well if coincide with the client’s request. However, the efficiency will be lower if he comes for other request: “Office Furniture” or “Furniture in New York for the house,” “Luxury furniture for individual”. It’s also my sphere, but it’s not clear for client, and therefore I just lose him.
Solution is simple: set headers and text related for each client. If he comes from “Office Furniture” ad, he will see the same page, but with own variant of headers, which are as close as possible to him.
How it will help me?
Let’s say, that I have 1000 unique visits per day and 2% conversion in payment. 1000×0.02 = 20 payments / day. After adjusting headers we could make conversion bigger. We assume that script did not help us and the conversion increased only by 1 percent. But 1000×0.03 = 30 payments / day. 10 additional clients only by small trick. In practice result could be much better.
It’s only one scenario of usage. You could use this to show contact numbers for departments. For request “Furniture in New York” I can show one phone, for “Furniture in Miami” — other. It’s also improves client experience.
Backup your site completely before proceeding.
- Download plugin to your desktop.
- If downloaded as a zip archive, extract the Plugin folder to your desktop.
- With your FTP program, upload the Plugin folder to the wp-content/plugins folder in your WordPress directory online.
- Go to Plugins screen and find the newly uploaded Chameleon Pages in the list.
- Click Activate Plugin to activate it.
How add replacement
- Go to Tools > Chameleon Pages
- Here you will see list of your replacements. To add new replacement, click on Add replacement button.
- Complete provided fields:
- Name — explain what this replacement is about. It’s only for you.
- Selector — element which body you want to replace. Read below how to choose selector properly.
- Condition — pair “variable-value” from URL to your site, which will activate this replacement. Read below how to specify this parameter.
- Replace for — selector’s body will be replaced with value of this field.
- Label — allows you easy find related entries. Could be blank.
- Status — you could switch off replacement for a while.
How to choose selector
You able to choose from different types of selector: