Love your visitors. Love Accessibility.
The #1 issue websites have with meeting guidelines for an accessible website is not providing alternative text for images.
This lightweight WordPress plugin will evaluate each page of your website and produce a page-by-page report of which images are missing alt text.
It will help you easily and quickly identify where there are image accessibility issues.
More Information and Demo >>
AccessibilityPress is focused on building products that help websites achieve high accessibility standards including:
- 508 compliance
- WCAG (Web Content Accessibility Guidelines) 2.0 A, AA or AAA level of conformance
= Installation: =
UPLOAD ZIP FILE OF PLUGIN TO WORDPRESS ADMIN
1. In the WordPress admin click on “plugins” in the left hand menu.
2. At the top click “Add New”.
3. On the following screen, at the top click “Upload Plugin”.
4. Browse to the zip file “accessibility-press-images.zip”.
5. Click “Install Now”.
VIA FTP (MANUAL INSTALL)
1. Download AccessibilityPress: Images to your desktop.
2. Unzip the file “accessibility-press-images.zip”
3. With your FTP program, upload the Plugin folder to the wp-content/plugins folder in your WordPress directory online.
4. Go to your WordPress admin plugins screen and activate the plugin.
= Usage: =
1. Once activated, you should see AccessibilityPress has been added to your admin menu.
2. Click “Images”
3. Click “Start Image Scan”
4. Wait until finished
5. Review the errors
6. Fix the errors
7. Rescan to see if all good, with the goal being all green or some yellow that you have intentionally left blank for visual purposes.