Mockingbird is a post relationship plugin for WordPress. It allows you to manually create lists of posts, pages and custom post types for individual entries to display on your site. Packed with features, it’s easy to use and is the perfect way to improve your onsite SEO and get users exploring your website. Mockingbird is WordPress 3.8 ready and has legacy support back to WordPress 3.4.
At its most basic, Mockingbird can be used to display a curated list at the bottom of each post. However, its more powerful developer features are intended to allow you to create relationships between all post types set up on your website. It can be integrated and used anywhere (and for nearly any purpose) in your WordPress theme.
You could for example use it to display staff members associated with a specific department in your company. Or to curate which client testimonials you wish to display on certain project portfolio pages. Mockingbird could be used to build carousels on your e-commerce site, showing off your featured products. The possibilities are endless.
Features include the ability too:
- Add and remove related posts.
- Filter posts by available post type (AJAX powered).
- Reorder lists by dragging and dropping.
- Relabel related items in individual lists.
- Automatically display related lists on each posts.
- Embed related lists into posts using shortcodes.
Configuration options include the ability too:
- Specify what post types to include.
- Specify what post types to be displayed on.
- Specify what individual posts to be displayed on.
- Set a custom list title.
- Structure the outputted HTML markup of the list.
- Include post thumbnails in the displayed list.
- Include post excerpts in the displayed list.
A documented API is also provided for further theme integration and development, including the ability too:
- Get the related post id array for the current post, page or custom post type.
- Get the related post id array by the id of a post, page or custom post type.
- Get the related post object array for a post, page or custom post type.
- Output the related list for the current post, page or custom post type.
- Output the related list by the id of a post, page or custom post type.
- Style the outputted list with a custom style array.
- Create multiple Mockingbird instances with individual admin configurations.